KUBOTA TRACTOR AND NEW ENGLAND KUBOTA DEALERS “DEALER ‘GRIDIRON GIVEAWAY’ GIFT CERTIFICATE” CONTEST RULES
Who Can Enter
1. Must be legal residents of the State(s) of MA,RI,CT,VT,ME, NH 18 years of age or older on the date of entry. Kubota reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. Employees of the Stations and participating dealerships, their advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family (i.e., current and ex- spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings and in-laws and steps in any of the foregoing categories) and other household members (i.e., roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners of each legally residing at the same address) of each are NOT eligible.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
3. All entries become the property of the Kubota and the participating New England Kubota dealers and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries tampered with, illegible, incomplete or from ineligible entrants may be disqualified at Kubota’s sole discretion. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry or suspected of fraud or tampering with any contest may be barred from further participation in that contest. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an enterant, the holder of the registered e-mail account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. The holder of the e-mail account is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the second level domain associated with the e-mail address in question. Limit one entry per month, per e-mail address.
Kubota and/or participating New England Kubota dealerships are not responsible for any errors, cancellation of User accounts or technical malfunctions associated with any network Site that may affect any entrant’s ability to enter, win, view, be advised of, be eligible for or be properly considered in a particular Kubota contest.
4. Entrant agrees and acknowledges that Station and contest sponsors and their respective affiliates, parents, employees, agents and all other related sponsors may use for advertising and/or promotional purposes, entrant’s name, image, other entry materials on websites and/or any other medium in connection with participation in this contest or otherwise without the payment of any additional compensation to you.
Three total winners will be selected by random drawing among eligible entries , one during each calendar month between October 2012 and December, 2012. Month of October 2012 shall start on October 15 for the purposes of this contest. One winner per month.
5. Kubota and participating New England Kubota dealers will only be required to leave one telephone message, or send one email to the number or email address provided in the entry form to the winning individual. If no answer or answering machine is reached, Kubota and participating New England Kubota dealers will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. If the entry provided a telephone number or email address, the Kubota/participating Kubota dealerships may contact the winner via phone or email. However Kubota/Participating New England Kubota dealers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to attempt to contact any winner more than once and shall not be required to attempt to contact all winners an equal number of times or in the same communication manner. If no telephone number or email address was provided and the Kubota or the Participating Kubota dealers have an address, the Kubota may elect to send one written notification letter by first class mail, time permitting.
6. In certain contests, qualifying winners may also be automatically entered into a random grand prize drawing or other grand prize winner determination, as announced. In such event, the location, date and/or time of such grand prize drawing/event will be announced by Kubota/Participating New England Kubota Dealers. The location of such drawing may be at the Station’s studios or may be at a location to be announced.
7. Kubota/Participating Kubota dealers reserve the right (in their sole discretion), to implement entry processes that may frustrate or prohibit automated entry or voting (including, without limitation, CAPTCHA, limiting the number of entries after a maximum number within a specified period of time as established by Kubota/Participating Kubota Dealerships and/or prohibit any further entries, pr traffic from a particular IP address during a particular contest, period of time or permanently). Before or during any contest, Kubota/participating Kubota dealerships reserve the right to install and access cookies, alone or along with other methods, to track web site traffic, entry frequency, and/or to detect or prohibit automated methods of voting, entry or website visits.
8. Contestants may not violate any federal, state or local laws and may not harm or endanger themselves or other persons or property in connection with a contest. If Kubota deems that an entrant or any winner may have created a public hazard, cheated, engaged in improper or illegal activity, caused interference with or destruction of property and/or utilized public safety resources, such contestant / winner may be disqualified in Station’s sole discretion.
9. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated otherwise, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Kubota or participating Kubota dealership and all required paperwork have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
10. All prizes awarded must be picked up at the designated participating Kubota dealership during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, unless otherwise specifically directed by Kubota or the participating Kubota dealership. Prizes will not be mailed, unless otherwise determined by the Kubota.
11. Prizes not claimed within thirty (30) business days of being advised by that the prize is available for pick-up, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability if shorter than 30 business days, shall be considered forfeited (without notice to the winner) and will become property of Kubota Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of participating Kubota dealerships and/or Kubota management.
12. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners may be required to present a valid United States state or federal photo ID and valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. Winners may be required, in Kubota’s sole discretion, to sign one or more liability release agreements relieving the Kubota, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, dealerships, and others from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number or complete or provide any other documents required by Kubota by the deadline required by Kubota and it’s participating dealershipswill forfeit any and all prizes.
13. Kubota reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed, except as may be determined by Kubota Tractor in its sole and absolute discretion on a case by case basis.
14. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and may be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Kubota where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more in any calendar year.
15. Specific restrictions regarding awarded prizes will be provided, if applicable, to the winner. Unless restrictions delivered to a specific winner differ from the following, the following will apply generally to prizes awarded in Station contests:
With respect to event tickets and/or events of any kind, Kubota and participating Kubota dealerships are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed. All cancellations are deemed beyond the control of Kubota and its participating dealerships. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, as well as all delays or cancellations due to acts of nature, terrorism (including threats), illness or war. Additionally, Kubota and participating Kubota dealerships are not responsible for any work stoppage, bankruptcy or other condition beyond Station’s control that may affect Station’s ability to provide any of the prizes. Kubota and/or it’s particpating dealers are not responsible for any expenses incurred by contest winners as a result of such cancellations, delays or other circumstances beyond Kubota/participating dealership’s control.
Any prize that is awarded in the form of a gift certificate may have an expiration date and use of such certificate may be based on availability and include , restrictions or excluded items (for example, tax, or goods from a particular manufacturer). Gift certificates are only redeemable at the locations for which they are specified and are not redeemable for cash.
In all instances in which winner has the right to select specific products, the choice or products offered may be limited by Kubota or the participating Kubota dealership , or certain specific products or manufacturers may be excluded. Winner will receive more information on such restrictions and limitations after they have been awarded the prize.
16. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. For contests in which winners are qualified for a grand prize drawing, odds will depend on the total number of qualifiers.
18. In the event that any winner, qualifier or finalist is disqualified in a contest for any reason permitted by the applicable contest rules at any point in time (before or after a winner is determined), Kubota shall NOT be obligated to select an alternative winner/qualifier/finalist and may instead elect to retain any associated prize(s) as its own property and/or dispose of any such prize(s) in any way it sees fit outside of (or within) the scope of the contest. In the event that any entrant or entry is disqualified or any prize is forfeited in accordance with the applicable contest rules, Station and sponsors have no obligation whatsoever to notify any such entrant of any such disqualification or forfeiture.
19. Inquiries by contestants or potential contestants to any employee of Kubota or it’s dealerships (whether in person, by email, or by telephone) regarding the status of their entry or questions about a Contest may or may not be responded to and Kubota or its participating dealers are not obligated to respond or treat to all inquiries identically (even if the question is identical). Time considerations and/or volume, among other things, may impact a Kubotas’ desire or ability to respond to such inquiries from time to time. Notwithstanding anything communicated by any Kubota/participating dealership employee in connection with any such inquiry, such information shall not be binding on Kubota or the participating dealers the sole determining information related to this Contest is as set forth in the applicable contest rules) and shall not be deemed to be providing any type of improper assistance or advantage to any particular contestant over another. Any attempt by kubota or its participating dealers to respond to an inquiry will be in the context of providing good customer service only and, in some instances, to address technical issues/problems.
20. Kubota Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Kubota.
21. By participating in a this contest, entrants hereby agree and each entrant hereby remises, releases and forever discharges and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Kubota, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, participating dealerships and all others connected with them and the promotion, contest, and/or event from any and all liability, claims, actions, and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the said promotion, contest, and/or event and the receipt and use of any prize(s) awarded (if any) through such promotion, contest, and/or event arising in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to an act or omission, whether negligent, intentional or otherwise caused by Kubota, its affiliates, parents, assigns, successors, employees, participating dealers and all others connected with them and the promotion, contest, and/or event.
22. Kubota and the participating Kubota dealerships are not responsible for any technical difficulties, technical malfunctions or errors (whether technical or typographical) experienced due to internet availability, electronic problems, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website (including, without limitation, third party websites and social networking sites), telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any of the websites, computer virus, bug, complications or server performance suspected to be caused by automated entry, voting or web traffic, or other errors or corruptions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing or Kubota/particiapting Kubota dealerships from receiving (accurately or otherwise) accessing any or software, internet, telephone connections, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation, prize claim in any way, regardless of the cause, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any person’s computer, equipment, property, software or network related to or resulting from participating in a this contest or visiting its website (whether as an entrant or visitor ). Kubota and its participating authorized dealerships assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in a Contest. Kubota and it’s participating dealers are not responsible for any printing errors or typographical errors. If, for any reason, in the sole opinion of Kubota the contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, technical slow-downs, or any other causes, whether discovered or suspected by Kubota, which, in sole opinion of Kubota Tractor Corporation, does or could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Contest, Kubota reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the affected contest without selecting winners, and/or provide alternative means of entry or any other changes to these contest rules that Kubota deems appropriate under the circumstances. In the event of termination, suspension or modification of a contest, a notice will be posted online.
25. Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
26. Winner’s List: For a list of winners mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to Kubota’s Address identifying the name of the particular contest that you would like to receive a winner’s list for. Address is 3401 Del Amo Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503 All requests for winner lists must be mailed and received by Kubota after the contest is over but prior to 4 months after the contest has been concluded.